NOW HIRING! Management Trainee
Big 5 Sporting Goods is seeking an energetic, sports-minded individual to join our future management team. Manager Trainees gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to management positions under the direction of experienced personnel. Duties are performed personally or through the assistance of subordinates. When you join Big 5, you will enjoy a fast-paced work environment with opportunities for growth. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to; customer sales and service in the store, directing customers, answering telephones, providing product descriptions, proposing add-on sales to customers, checking and retrieving merchandise from storage areas, cleaning, restocking, and organizing merchandise on the sales floor. This entry-level position is purposely designed to be transitory and generally lasts 6-18 months before promotion to the next level. A well defined training program will be provided to help you develop your way into a management position. Available openings are generally filled by enthusiastic, energetic, sports-minded people with solid customer service backgrounds and/or educational paths well-suited to the industry. Enthusiasm for the product we carry is essential. This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must possess High School diploma, GED, High School Equivalency, certificated equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- Must possess basic organizational and/or applicable math skills.
- Upon accepting an offered position, candidate will be subject to E-Verify.
- Light to moderate lifting may be required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must possess effective and demonstrable interactive and communicative skills.